India Node are two servers hosted in Mumbai, India by Arya for Project Segfault.
Both run Proxmox VE as their hypervisor
The first server is an Acer Aspire 7 A715-75G, repurposed to be a server.
It has an i5 9300H, 24GiB of DDR4 memory, 512 GB of ZFS-encrypted NVMe SSD storage.
The second one is a 2017 Macbook Pro (14,3), also repurposed to be a server
It has an i7 7700HQ, 16GiB of DDR3 memory and 256GB of ZFS-encrypted NVMe SSD Storage.
As with using Proxmox, the virtualization backend is QEMU/KVM.
The server is almost entirely virtualized, avoiding running anything on bare metal.
- The main VM on srv1 (acer) where most of the lighter less-ram intensive services run (everything other than invidious, piped and kbin basically)
- Caddy as reverse-proxy/webserver
- Uses docker and LXC (for our wiki)
- Called FedVM since it primarily runs federation-related services
- The VM on srv2 (mac) where most of the more intensive services like invidious, piped, kbin and mail run
- reverse proxied through IN01
- Uses docker